Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rite Aid Deals

This last week was a great week for deals at Walgreen's and Rite Aid. On Saturday I realized it was the last day to make purchases for a Proctor & Gamble Visa card rebate.

So I prepared with all my coupons. sales flyer and rebate flyer. I think I was there about 90 minutes but I made it out of there doing 5 transactions. I had to break it down into 5 in order to use coupons and take advantage of a coupon that takes $5 off a $20 purchase.

I got to the store and went around and got everything I wanted. I took the last of the razors, I was lucky they had 4 on the shelf. Then I had to find a quiet corner of the store and grab some baskets to divide my large shopping cart into 5 baskets. Then I have to put the coupons in order and make sure I have everything before I get to the cash register. Being organized and prepared makes it go a lot easier, and the cashier will be less frustrated.

In the end I had $138.60 worth of merchandise. I used $89.56 in coupons and paid $49.04. I will submit a rebate for $15 for the Olay bath wash, receive $3 in Single Check rebates from Rite Aid, receive a total of $50 in Visa cards (just from this purchase), and submit receipts to P&G for a coupon book with $100 in coupons so I can do this all over again!



The cat food wasn't completely necessary, but it is for our cat Murray. I purchased the small bottles of Herbal Essence and got the large stylers free. I purchased the razors, used coupons for them and got the body wash free. The Pringles are for Gary and the Pampers wipes (there are 4 of them) are for Jenny. The two Cadbury Eggs are for Derrick. I wanted to try out the Garnier Nutritioniste Face wash

When I got home I did some calculations and I was 10 cents short towards one of the Visa cards. So I hurried back to Rite Aid before they closed to buy another can of Pringles.

I was lucky that I had a wonderful cashier that was patient with me. It got busy and she called in more cashiers to help. I offered to step out of line and wait my turn but she insisted I stay. Some of the cashiers love to see how little you end up paying and cheer when it is low. Others look at you like you are a freak and try and ruin your transactions. I got home and I was exhausted. Gary seems to enjoy it when I come home and tell him about all the stuff I got for free. He thinks of it as a game and I think he is right.

I am so thankful for Chrisanna for teaching Michelle how to do all this over a year ago. And I am thankful that Michelle was willing to teach her old mom a few new tricks.

I was in line at Target last week and a lady was buying a large sack of Purina Cat Chow. I was buying mine at Fred Meyer because it had a better deal, but I had extra coupons in my coupon wallet. So I offered her a $1 coupon and she gladly took it. On Friday I was in line at Ride Aid and an older lady was in front of me making a large purchase. It looked to me like she was a grandma buying some valentine goodies for her grandchildren. I offered her one of my extra $5 off $25 purchases and she gladly took it. I thought of Chrisanna when I was doing this because she has posted about doing this herself. It makes you feel good to share the love of coupons to others.

3 comments:

The Rinkels said...

Nicely done! I just got home from Walgreens to get the Crest toothpaste. Love the deals!

Serena said...

That is so nice! I've had someone offer me a coupon they weren't gonna use and I was SO excited! And you let people raid your finds! I use a ton of the stuff you've given
me!

Michelle M said...

You forgot to mention the many times YOU have given ME a heads up on deals! Or when you've given me coupon tips. You're amazing! You're definitely a pupil I can be proud of!