Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Tax Time!



I am so excited because it is time to do taxes! I know, most of you think I am weird but I just love doing taxes, for everyone else. I hate to do my own so I am always happy to send my information off to a fabulous accountant and let him do ours.

I am doing taxes in Tumwater, Yelm and Olympia for the AARP Foundation 3-5 days a week. If you know of anyone that has income about $75,000 or less we can do their taxes for free and eFile them. You don't have to be a member of AARP or retired.

I think what I enjoy the most is meeting strangers and finding out about them. Most are retired and I get to ask them what they did for a living, how their job would be different now, find out about how they are enjoying retirement, and looking at pictures of their grandchildren.

We start out by trying to give them every credit and deduction possible. All of the returns we do are verified by a Quality Reviewer. People filing today will expect to have their money in their bank account by February 12.

1 comment:

Michelle M said...

Don't worry- you'll get lots of joy out of doing MY taxes when I come home. I'm saving them for you, and we're DEFINITELY under the $75,000 income bracket.