Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kirsten Aboard the Comfort #4: Things I Miss Most

As I was laying in bed today I made a list of things I miss the most while I am here.

#1- Gary snuggling up to me at night
(I found this old picture on the internet!)


The rest in no particular order:

Picking up the phone to call someone whenever I want

Sleeping until I want to get up


1% Milk
We have milk here but it is in boxes,
the kind you don't have to refrigerate

String cheese


Getting in the car and driving somewhere, whenever I want


Getting mail, even junk mail!

My sewing machine and all my fabric & quilting stuff


My queen size bed with fitted sheets
When I got here there was bedding sitting on my bed
for me to make up. I asked where the fitted sheets were
and the women from the navy laughed

Q-tips
(mine were "lost")


Eyeglass cleaner
(also "lost")


Hearing Dayton & Daphne on the phone,
especially hearing Dayton say "Nana"

My jetted bath tub and laying in it for 20 minutes


Murray the Amazing Wonder Cat


The smell of Dayton & Daphne after a bath (Mustela)


Homemade chocolate chip cookies


4 comments:

The Rinkels said...

We'll have to have a welcome home party for you and all wear fitted sheets. We could serve chocolate chip cookies and 1% milk!
You are doing a wonderful thing! Keep up the good work.

Michelle M said...

I'm so impressed that you're blogging while you're a million countries away! You're so talented.

I'm surprised you didn't add your laptop to the list of things you miss most!

Derrick M said...

You'll make it Kirsten! Just think that over a million people before you have slept on beds without fitted sheets!

Hawaiian Sea Turtle said...

Hi Kirsten,

We won't laugh about fitted sheets and will bake you and Gary a load of chocolate chip cookies, served with fresh milk. The Church News had a spread on the type of service mission you are on right now.

I, too, am impressed that you are blogging right now!

We miss you!

Laura, Jim, Joshua, and Jacob