Saturday, January 9, 2010

Should I be concerned???


Every Saturday Gary goes to a tennis lesson at Thorbeckes from 9:00 am until noon. Someone would have to be dying for him to even consider missing practice. It is a Skills & Drills class taught by TJ Underwood, the Tennis director.

Last Saturday morning, I was getting ready to go visit my brother Grover in Woodland, WA for his family Christmas. Gary had a match later in the day and realized he wouldn't be able to take the lesson and go to a family function with me. He was getting ready to climb in the shower and this was our conversation:

Kirsten: "What are you doing?"

Gary: "Taking a shower."

Kirsten: "Don't you have tennis practice this morning?"

Gary: "Yes."

Kirsten: "And you are taking a shower before practice?"

Gary: "Yes."

Kirsten: "Why didn't you take one before you went to bed last night?"

Gary: No response

I think I just might have to pop into Thorbeckes next Saturday to see what happens at lessons!!


2 comments:

Derrick M said...

Well, considering that EVERYONE at Thorbecke's knows Dad's name and greets him as he walks to/from the courts, I'm assuming he really is just a tennis-junky!

Derrick M said...

Sorry, that last comment is from Michelle- I'm on Derrick's computer.