Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cookies - Cookies- Everywhere!


As many of you know, Laura is going to school to be a pastry chef. She will graduate this year. In the meantime she has enjoyed taking small jobs catering.

This weekend she has a big job, she is making 5,000 cookies for an event. She has a small kitchen so I offered to help. She sent me the recipe and yesterday and today I have been busy baking. ( I can't give you her recipe but each batch uses 32 oz chocolate chips, 16 oz melted and added to the batter and the remaining as chips in the dough).

I am running out of containers to put the cookies in! I am now using a Rubbermaid cereal cannister to put them in. I am pleased to say that I have only eaten 3... okay 5!!! cookies.

I have to say the house smells great as soon as you walk in.

4 comments:

Michelle M said...

I would have eaten more than that if I were you!

You'll have to update with a total of how many cookies you made.

Laurel said...

I'll take 5!!!! Trade for a piece of cheesecake? :)

The Rinkels said...

I'm gonna pick up a gallon of milk and we'll be right down! : )

Gary and Kirsten said...

Gary delivered about 650 cookies to Laura on Thursday. My kitchen is a mess! I had two more cookies!