Friday, March 19, 2010

Old Toys Have New Friends

I saved a lot of the girls' toys, mostly the nicer ones. Some have sentimental value with them, and some were their favorites.

When Dayton & Daphne come for a visit I love pulling out the old toys. As I have been going through old boxes I come across some more toys. Some of these toys are a hit, and some they don't seem to care about.



This is a rocking horse we bought for Jenny when she was a baby. Over the years the girls spent hours bouncing on this horse. I would guess that it would not pass the standards of a toy for children today. But my girls survived it and my grandchildren will too.



Daphne bounced up and down on it and actually bounced out of the saddle a few times. Dayton was a little more cautious on it, but each time he got on he bounced a little more.


This is a toy we got when Laura was little. It was the biggest hit! After about 15 minutes it can become a little "irritating".





As it turns out I have 2 of these Playful Penguin games. Many times when we came across something the girls absolutely loved, we got an extra one or two so we had a gift for someone else. I guess I never found anyone else to give one of these Penguins to. As you can see from the prices tag it was fairly inexpensive, I only paid half of what the tag says. Also, I bought it at Yard Birds and Yard Birds has been gone for a long time.



Here is a little clip of Dayton & Daphne playing with the Playful Penguin. Just imagine listening to this for about 45 minutes.



I still have some more toys that I am looking for. That will have to wait until the next time Dayton & Daphne come for a visit.

This is just a great picture of Dayton wearing grandpas hat. Most people don't want to even touch this hat but Dayton thought it was fun.


And here is Daphne playing the piano. I think she might be a concert pianist someday.

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

Great post! What adorable grandchildren you have!

I remember LOVING this bouncy horse. But I agree, today it probably would not be considered "safe." Oh well!

Derrick M said...

I consider the bouncy horse safe. Those things are AWESOME!!!!! About the penguin slide, just turn down that hearing aid & problem solved!