Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Kirsten's 50th Birthday

On my birthday, my loving family put a candle in a cookie and sang Happy Birthday to me.
Daphne helping blow out my candleVideo of singing Happy Birthday


The end of my birthday was spent with Michelle at two different Walgreen's in Olympia. We were doing some last minute deals with coupons. We also went to two Target's! Personally I can't think of a better way to end the day.

Then on Saturday, we had a big party with family and friends. Our closest friends from Utah, the Jefferies family, surprised me by driving out here for my party!

My daughter Laura catered desserts and appetizers for the party. We feasted on:
Zucchini and Potato-Stuffed Sweet Peppers
Avocado-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Bruschetta
Pesto-Stuffed Mushrooms
Chocolate Truffles
Rocky Road Fudge
Cranberry-Brie Bites
And the most delicious cake I've ever had!!





Michelle and I made one of our signature birthday quilts for the party. I'm having family and friends sign their names on my birthday quilt.

It was an absolutely fun filled week and I am so glad I have friends and family to celebrate with. It was a major milestone for me, but I wanted to celebrate it instead of mourning.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I'm glad you had a great 50th! So sorry we couldn't make it, we had already been on the road so much that week.