Sunday, July 31, 2011

Things I've Learned from my Children

It has been several months since I posted to my blog. Since I got a smart phone I seem to connect with my friends/family better on Facebook.

Lately I have been thinking of some fun things I have learned from my daughters: Jenny, Michelle & Laura.

Jenny taught me how to load my dishwasher. Yes, it sounds strange but it has made that task so much easier for me. She especially taught me how to load the wine glasses. Before that they were falling all over the place. I have a special guide that drops down that holds the stem in place.



Michelle taught me how to cut and copy text on my computer. I learned that control C will copy the text and control V will paste it. Before I learned how to do this I was manually typing it in. I knew there had to be an easier way and Michelle laughed at me as she showed me how to do it.



Laura taught me which attachment to use on my mixer and why. I had been using the whipping beater when I was making cookies. She explained to me that the whipping beater was more for whipping cream and I should be using the flat beater instead. Ever since my cookies have looked better.



I have to say that every time I load one of Gary's wine glasses, I think of Jenny. Every time I am planning coupon deals I think of Michelle. And, every time I make cookies or use my mixer I think of Laura. I do think of my wonderful daughters for other profound reasons, I will have to post them too someday!

2 comments:

The Rinkels said...

That's awesome! : )

Michelle M said...

I'm happy to be of service!

Now to list all the things YOU have taught ME:
Caring for a child's fever, upset stomach, cold, etc
Money-saving
Budgetting
Charity
Manners
Sacrifice
Fashion (just kidding!)
To-Do Lists
and the list goes on and on...