Friday, July 24, 2009

27 Years Ago...



On July 24, 1982 Gary Gordon Klein and Kirsten Marta Laseke were married at Unity Lutheran Church in Chicago Illinois. After a reception in Chicago and a honeymoon in Lake Geneva Wisconsin we went back to our home south of Chehalis Washington. We also had a reception in Chehalis for our west coast family and friends.

We have come a long way in the past 27 years. We have 3 beautiful daughters (Jenny, Michelle & Laura), 2 handsome son-in-laws (Trevor Williams married to Jenny and Derrick McKay married to Michelle), a grandson (Dayton James McKay) and a granddaughter (Daphne Rose McKay).

Here are some pictures from that great day, and of the reception in Chehalis. Please note that we did not have a professional photographer in Chicago. Also, Greer I am sorry to have used your picture to show the great bridesmaids dresses I got. Why haven't you worn it again??

In Love



Look at all that white.



The prettiest bridesmaid dress ever.



The happy couple.



Perfect for each other.



What a hunk of burning love.



Isn't she ravishing?



You want me to live here???


The question I pose is not would I choose him today, but would he choose me??

Professional Photographs by Photography by Robin. I don't want to violate the copyright!!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

A) I love the wedding pics, some day (maybe in 27 years) I hope to look back and grin at the fashion we chose.
B) That really wasn't your first house, right?
C) I'm pretty sure that bridesmaid dress would be hip at a 2009 wedding.

Michelle M said...

I LOVED seeing these old pictures! I have to admit, as breath-taking as Dad is today, he was a good-looking guy in his day! It's funny to see him in the white suit at your wedding in Chicago because the professional wedding pictures are with a grey suit.

When you mentioned choosing each other again today, I thought of the song, "I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger!"

I'm so glad you guys got married, and despite ups and downs, you're still together today.

The Rinkels said...

Oh, those are so sweet. I have to say 27 years is a long, damn time! Congratulations!

Serena said...

I've seen the full length weddng picture before but not the others! They rock! And you both look almost exactly the same!

And Michelle, you are funny.

Anonymous said...

Can you believe they actually lived there?! I wouldn't wear a white dress in that shack! Since when does my dad have a Donald Trump comb-over? Hillarious! You guys look so dang cute!!
-Laura