Saturday, March 27, 2010

Orchids

For some reason in the past several years I have collected Orchids. I do not have a green thumb by any means, but for some reason I have been able to grow Orchids and keep them alive & thriving.


They have been in our breakfast nook, so I just leave them there and don't move them. I have no idea what I am doing right so I just keep the same routine for them.




This is one we brought back from a trip to Hawaii. It went quite a few years without blooming. I kept threatening to throw it away but for some reason I kept it. A year ago it bloomed for the first time and it is now blooming again.


These flowers are all so beautiful and they bloom for a few months at a time. I just wish they had a fragrance to them to match their beauty.




This is one my neighbor Sharon gave me for my birthday 16 months ago. It has been in bloom since she gave it to me except for about 3 months. It is actually a mini orchid, not as large as the usual ones.


I prefer the Orchids that are not the usual lavender colored ones you see. I am enjoying getting them when they are a little different.

1 comment:

The Rinkels said...

Beautiful! I love orchids but am intimidated by them. I'm glad you're having luck with them.